Reverend Erin E. McCabe, MLIS
Weddings Short & Sweet.
When my sister and brother fought, my parents would make them read Corinthians 13:4-8. Meg has it memorized to this day. So even though it’s a lovely sentiment, when I hear “Love is patient, love is kind” start off a bridesmaid’s reading now, I can’t help but smirk.
Maybe you have a similar story, or maybe you just can’t imagine doing this at a church. I can lend some legal authority (in the state of New York) to your less than religious ceremony.
Ceremony Format: Super Short / Semi-Sweet / Totally Customizable
- Wedding processional or entrance of the bride and groom (and wedding party)
- Welcome and / or a sweet back story
- Witnesses sign the wedding certificate
- Wedding vows or non-vows
- Exchange of wedding rings / gifts / tattoos
- Whatever family or cultural tradition you want to include
- Officiant’s sanction of the marriage
- Kisses! and play out music
Maybe your dad is not to be trusted with speaking from the heart – instead, why not ask him to read some of John Steinbeck’s letter to his son instead.
Potentially Related Qualifications
- 100% success rate (1/1)
- Librarian – basically read and learn for a living.
- Former child lector at St. Cletus
- 2018 NASA DataNaut Fellow